UCCS has partnered with ResearchMatch! ResearchMatch (RM) is a NIH-sponsored recruitment service for research with health outcomes. If you are interested in using this service to help recruit for your study, please carefully review the information on this page.
How to Start
To request access to RM, you must complete the registration process at ResearchMatch.org. Access to RM is granted on a study-by-study basis; that is, investigators must individually register each study. Registration takes only a few minutes, and you must complete the process in one sitting.
There are two levels of access available to investigators: feasibility access and recruitment access:
Feasibility access gives you the ability to view aggregate data on the registry population without an IRB-approved protocol. You do not need to have an active study or be ready to recruit in order to register for feasibility access. To register a study for feasibility access, you must:
- Be affiliated with UCCS.
- Provide your UCCS email address.
- Create a ResearchMatch username and password.
Recruitment access gives you the ability to recruit volunteers through RM. To register a study for recruitment access, you must meet the same access requirements as for feasibility access. In addition, for each study you want to recruit for, you must:
- Have a health-related outcome. This does not mean your research has to be a clinical trial, but it should relate to human health.
- Complete an IRB application and receive your approval letter. While completing your application, remember to:
- Include ResearchMatch as a Recruitment Site in your application.
- Review the Contact Message Rules below and upload a Word document with the recruitment message to your application.
- Be the principal investigator (PI) or authorized to recruit for the study on behalf of the PI.
- Upload an electronic copy of your IRB approval letter, and the IRB approved recruitment message to implement when using RM.
Please see the Tips for Creating a Contact Message for more information. The UCCS ResearchMatch Liaison will check your study information. If everything is ready, you should be approved to begin recruitment within 5 business days.
ResearchMatch Contact Message Rules
You will be prompted to enter a study description/recruitment message IRB for use on ResearchMatch. Ensure that this recruitment message adheres to the following guidelines and is included in your IRB application. The contact message will be sent to your identified cohort. This message should describe your study much like an email recruitment message, but it cannot contain:
- names of the research team
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- links to websites
- embedded surveys.
Your message cannot exceed 2000 characters.
Need help? Contact the UCCS IRB at firstname.lastname@example.org.