Training and Outreach
Training and Outreach
On this page, you will find various resources to learn more about how export control regulations may influence your work at UCCS. The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Integrity (OSPRI) is pleased to provide training tailored to your department. Please contact Mike Sanderson at 719-255-3044 or email@example.com to discuss what we have to offer.
Quick Reference: Export Control Information Sheet
BIS - Assistant Secretary for Export Enforcement, Matthew S. Axelrod - Speech at the National Association of College and University Attorney's 2022 Annual Conference - 6/28/2022
UCCS employees and student workers may complete the SkillSoft course to meet an export control training requirement. The CU: Introduction to Export Controls is a general overview of export control regulations and how they affect university research. There is a quiz at the end of the course. To receive credit you must score at least 70% mastery.
SkillSoft Course: CU: Introduction to Export Controls
Skillsoft Course: CU: Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meyANxbYHMI&index=1&list=PLdW5J6qhxuwBD5rkLOIDtpaItxk9skuez - This is a series of brief videos developed by the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) that introduce definitions and aspects of Export Controls that are commonly encountered in academic settings. To access a specific video, press "Play", click on "Playlist" in the top left corner, and then select the video of interest. Each video runs, on average, for approximately 5 minutes.
National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA):
https://youtu.be/DtbFu_pwTRo - This is a brief video developed by NCURA and The University of Maryland, College Park that introduces Export Control and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) concerns related to unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV). The video runs for approximately 13 minutes.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50mPp3jzvI&feature=autoplay&list=PL95ECA26C627D89B6&playnext=40 - This is a brief video developed by NCURA and The University of Arizona that introduces Export Controls and Traveling Outside the U.S. The video runs for approximately 54 seconds.
Export Control Additional Resources
- U.S. Department of Commerce (EAR) Essentials of Export Controls (Online)
- U.S. Department of Commerce (EAR)Training Videos (Online)
- U.S. Department of Commerce (EAR)
- U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security (EAR)
- U.S. Department of State (ITAR)
- U.S. Department of Treasury (OFAC)
- U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- U.S. Embargoed Entities (OFAC)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control List of Select Agents
- Quick Reference: Export Control Information Sheet